Remember Valentine’s Day in elementary school? It was so exciting to fill classmates’ handcrafted containers with special notes and treats. And looking through your stash of candy and cards when you got home was thrilling. The small gestures that celebrate our relationships with friends and loved ones are the sweetest thing about the holiday.
It’s in this same spirit that we share our Valentine’s Gift Guide with you this year. Our experts from neighborhoods throughout the Salt Lake Valley have put together a list of local businesses with everything your heart desires for Cupid’s big day. We’ve included traditional options like chocolate and flowers as well as some less conventional ideas.
HILARY McDONOUGH – At Home in Highland Park
- Ada’s Cookies – We’re all hoping to get a cookie delivery from Ada’s Cookies on Valentine’s Day. Baked in small batches in a home bakery, these cookies are truly incredible. Subscription delivery services are available once you get hooked.
- Native Floral – “Romantic blooms to make your babe’s heart flutter.” A great selection of cards and candies, too.
- Stratford General – A neighborhood market with all sorts of Valentine’s inspired goodies. Featuring artwork by our favorite Highland Park artist, Holli Yoho. Find them on instagram: @stratford_general
KERRY HARDING – Expert in the Aves
- Kura Door – Spoil someone special with a treatment at this holistic Japanese spa.
- Mrs. Backer’s – A Salt Lake institution dating back to 1941. Offering beautifully decorated cakes and cookies.
- Bauhaus Salon – Get yourself looking tip-top for Valentine’s Day or purchase a gift certificate for a loved one.
- Hatch Family Chocolates – Nothing beats hand-dipped chocolates.
KRISTIN KASSING – South Valley Specialist
- Sweet William Design and Floral – Fresh, personalized floral arrangements and unique gifts in South Jordan.
- The Porch Restaurant – Now taking reservations for Valentine’s dinner. Offering a special menu for the evening—3 Courses $50, Wine pairings $30
- Made by Mary – Based in Bluffdale, Utah. Each piece of jewelry is handcrafted. There’s still time to order online for Valentine’s Day.
- The Nest Shop – Candy, candles, and cards. All the perfect Valentine’s gifts in one place.
Credit: Timeless Design
KARLY NIELSEN – Salt Lake Extraordinaire
- Timeless Design Jewelry – This local jeweler garners rave reviews from all their customers. Located near Liberty Park.
- V Chocolates – Delicious confections for the sweetie with a sweet tooth.
Jolley’s Gift and Floral – Cute gifts, stylish decor, and stunning floral arrangements.
Eclair – A long time favorite of Niche Homes. Visit the new location at 7948 South 1300 East in Sandy.
BETSY BROADWATER – Native Salt Laker
- Animalia – A shop that provides an outlet for the makers, doers, and craftsmen of the world with a wide variety of wares.
- Pizza Nono – Delicious selection of wood fired pizzas available for take-out. Located at 9th and 9th.
- Katie Waltman – Katie Waltman Jewelry was founded in Salt Lake City, Utah during the spring of 2002. Offering a special “Lover’s Collection” for Valentine’s Day.
We wish you a love-filled Valentine’s Day!
Niche Homes is a full-service real estate agency specializing in Wasatch Front neighborhoods and enclaves. Contact us if you are interested in buying or selling a home.